3 Days | 2 Nights | 2 Islands
Day one: Take in the many activities available at South Sea Island with departures from Port Denarau available at 8.45am, 9.00am 12.15pm or 3.15pm and enjoy a day and a night (staying in either the Dorm or Double-bedded Bure). Try an intro to diving session with one of the certified dive masters, or indulge in a massage (additional costs).
Day two: Mid morning travel to Barefoot Kuata Resort on Kuata Island to stay the night (in either a Sunrise Beach Dorm or Beachfront Bure) and enjoy the ‘Ultimate Encounter: Snorkel with Sharks' experience with whitetip and blacktip reef sharks in the afternoon or the next morning on day three (mid-morning).
Day three: Enjoy a leisurely walk to the summit for sunrise or relax by the pool or do the 'Ultimate Encounter' if you haven't already. Relax for the rest of the day until departure late afternoon, arriving back at Port Denarau at 6.00pm.
ULTIMATE ENCOUNTER: SNORKEL WITH SHARKS INFO
Is it safe?
Yes! You’ll be provided with safety instruction from our experienced guides who’ve spent hundreds of hours getting to know the resident school of sharks. Guides will be in the water with you the entire time and will closely monitor the sharks behaviour to ensure your safety.
What type of sharks will I see?
There are two main species of sharks encountered, White Tip Reef Sharks and Black Tip Reef Sharks, both are common in the tropical warm waters of the South Pacific. They can grow to a length of up to 1.8 metres although under the water they appear 25% larger due to a snorkelling face mask's optical illusion. Whitetips are the dominant species and are an inquisitive shark not frightened to check you out while Blacktips are by contrast timid and will shy away if they feel threatened.
How many sharks will I see?
Numbers vary but it is common to see multiple sharks. As sharks are wild animals, we cannot guarantee sightings, however we have a 95%+ success rate of seeing them.
How deep is the water?
Both Blacktip and Whitetip Reef Sharks prefer shallower waters making snorkelling easy with good visibility. It’s even possible to see the sharks from our boat before entering the water. Water depth varies between 4 - 6 metres depending on the tide.
What if I’m not a good swimmer, haven’t snorkelled before or don’t want to snorkel but my travelling companion does?
Buoyancy aids are available for less confident swimmers and because these sharks prefer shallow waters there’s no necessity to dive under the water to secure a thrilling view. Non-snorkellers can join the day but sit out the snorkelling experience by booking the Barefoot Kuata Day Cruise.
- Scheduled coach transfer from selected Hotels / Resorts in Denarau / Nadi & Wailoaloa Bay to Port Denarau
- Vessel transfer from Port Denarau to South Sea Island in Standard Class
- 1 Night accommodation at South Sea Island in selected room type
- Vessel transfer from South Sea Island to Barefoot Kuata in Standard Class
- 1 Night accommodation at Barefoot Kuata Resort in selected room type
- Snorkel with Sharks excursion at Barefoot Kuata Resort
- Vessel transfer from Barefoot Kuata Resort to Port Denarau in Standard Class
- Scheduled coach transfer from Port Denarau to select Hotels / Resorts within Denarau / Nadi & Wailoaloa Bay
- Double/Twin rates are per person based on two people booking & sharing same room / bure.
- Extra night rates available - please refer to the "extra night rates" in the Island Stays Packages.
- South Sea Island Beachfront Bures only have one Double Bed therefore any bookings for twins requiring 2 Single Beds will be accommodated at Beachcomber Island Resort.
- Note: This package can be purchased in the reverse order (same costs apply)
Where an additional price is shown under "meals" these are compulsory meal plan prices as provided by the Hotels / Resorts. These are per person per package and must either be paid at the time of booking or upon check in at the Hotels / Resorts in Fiji.