Bula & Good Morning
The Fiji Met Service as at 5.30am this morning continues to have a Strong Wind Warning & Heavy Rain Warning in place as severe TC Kevin tracks to the south of Fiji, and away from the group. Despite TC Kevin now moving away from our region, the associated trough of low pressure surrounding the system continues to cause high winds, rough seas, and bring more rain. Given the current conditions, and the various forecasts which South Sea Cruises monitor, please note as follows for today:
- Route 7 operating to the Yasawa’s is now suspended for today. Conditions yesterday were difficult and today is expected to be much the same, if not slightly worse. In the interests of safety and comfort, today’s service has been suspended with plenty of notice provided over the past several days that this may occur.
- Selected Resort Connections services to the Mamanuca Islands remain scheduled to operate today but remain subject to reviews throughout the day and with the following changes in place:
- Route 1 departing at 9.00am & Route 3 departing at 3.15pm will operate within the southern Mamanuca’s. Route 2 departing at 12.15pm is suspended.
- Route 5 departing to the northern Mamanuca’s at 12.00pm will operate.
- All Day Cruises / Trips in the Mamanuca & Yasawa Islands remain suspended for today. This includes Malamala Beach Club, South Sea Island, and South Sea Sailing, as well as any other Day Cruise / Trip operated by South Sea Cruises. We however expect to operate tomorrow, Monday 6th of March 2023.
All customers, resorts, and trade partners should be aware that whilst the above-mentioned Resort Connection services within the Mamanuca Islands are scheduled to operate, these services may be suspended with little or no notice should conditions deteriorate or be deemed unsafe by either shoreside operations, or the captain onboard our respective vessels. This includes the possibility of services being suspended after departure. Local conditions including the ocean swell may be worse than forecasted and hence all customers, resorts, and trade partners should be prepared for a disruption or suspension of services at any time throughout today.
For those customers booked to travel on a product or service today which has been suspended, South Sea Cruises is offering all customers the opportunity to defer their travel to another day or cancel with no penalty and receive a full refund should they choose to do so. If booked directly with us a refund will be processed within the next 21 days, if not sooner. If booked via a third party, customers will be able to claim their refund via that third party and we will acknowledge according to this memo. Customers can best contact us via phone on 9995512 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The safety of our customers, crew, and vessels remains paramount, and decisions are made in this regard.
Vinaka & Thanks.
South Sea Cruises Group