General Information and Booking Conditions
1. INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE
The website rates were updated in July 2022, and are valid for travel until 31 March 2024.
1a Facilities or services may change after the date of publication. We endeavour to keep trade partners and customers informed of any changes to the information on this website that is brought to our attention. Prior to booking your trip, customers should ask their travel agent or Awesome Adventures Fiji directly about any changes to the published information of which your agent may be aware.
1b All maps, illustrations, and photographs are for indicative purposes only and may not necessarily reflect actual places or positioning.
1c For Island Stay Packages and Awesome Passes, accommodation must be consecutive at the same resort to qualify for bonus offers. Important: Resorts have the right to change conditions and bonus offers. Late checkouts are subject to availability at the time of stay and may incur an additional cost by the resort.
1d Room types can vary across packages.
2. AWESOME EXPERIENCES
These are the activities that are identified under the Awesome Experiences inclusions section for each package. Awesome Experiences activities are subject to sea, weather and other conditions. Awesome Adventures Fiji reserves the right to substitute Awesome Experiences activities with other products in the event that the listed activity is unavailable. No refunds or compensation are offered for any unused proportion or change to an Awesome Experience.
2a As sharks are wild animals we can’t guarantee sightseeing however we do have a high success rate. If poor weather and sea conditions result in the cancellation of the “Shark Snorkel Encounter” then a substitute snorkelling safari will be provided.
2b The Swim with manta ray inclusion is seasonal (May till October) and subject to there being manta rays in the region. An alternative snorkelling trip will be provided should the manta rays not be sighted.
2c The Bonus Day Pass to Malamala Beach Club included in the Inclusive Packages can be used either pre or post the trip to the Yasawa Islands. A date for this trip should be pre-booked to ensure availability. No refund or compensation is available should the pass not be utilised.
2d For Dive Packages, age, and medical restrictions apply to any scuba diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed by the Company operating the Dive. Scuba divers cannot fly for 24 hours after diving and the company accepts no liability for medical conditions experienced as a result of diving or flying after diving.
3. PAYMENT TERMS
A deposit of $100 per person is required at the time of booking to secure your reservation. The remaining balance is to be paid in full at least 45 days prior to your departure date prior to your travel date. Should this outstanding balance not be paid in time, your booking will be cancelled and no refund will be provided. A (non-refundable) administration fee of 2.5% for Visa/Mastercard and 3% for Amex is applied to all International Debit and Credit card transactions.
4. PRICES AND CURRENCY
All prices include 15% Fiji Government taxes and levies where applicable. All prices are per person. Double/Twin rates are per person based on a minimum of two people booking and sharing the same room/bure. Triple share pricing is based on three people booking and sharing the same room/bure.
4a Right to Vary: Prices through some agents may vary due to currency fluctuations. Due to events beyond our control such as currency fluctuations, tax increases or changes to the cost of services and facilities, we reserve the right to vary the price to you up to the time of your departure.
4b Child Prices: This can vary from property to property therefore all child prices are on application through Awesome Adventures Fiji’s reservations team.
5. MEAL COSTS
- Where an additional price is shown under "meals" these are the compulsory meal plan/resort package prices as provided by the hotels. These prices are per person per night (or per package) and include 3 meals per day stayed unless otherwise stated and must either be paid at the time of booking or upon check-in at each of the hotels in local currency (FJ$). Where meals are listed as included, your clients will receive 3 meals per day stayed. All meal prices are Net Non-Commissionable.
- Important: Meals are NOT included at Paradise Cove when booking an Awesome Pass so can't be prepaid - all meals at all resorts must be paid directly to each property at check-in if including this resort in the itinerary.
- The meal package is compulsory and must be taken as there are no alternative dining options (as mentioned above this can be pre-booked/prepaid or paid at the resorts on check-in). Meal rates are correct at the time of issue and are subject to change by the resorts.
- Any/all dietary requirements and/or allergies must be requested/advised at the time of booking, so we can pass this important information to the resorts. There are no refunds or credits for any unused meals.
- Meal plans commence from arrival at your resort. You will arrive at your resort in time for lunch, therefore day one will include Lunch and Dinner. On your last day at a resort, only Breakfast will be included. Should your resort connection not depart for your next destination until after lunch and you wish to have lunch while waiting, this meal will be at your own cost.
- For meal plan pricing for the packages and passes please refer to the webpage for individual package or pass being booked
- For meal plan pricing at each individual resort in Fijian dollars please refer to the following table (prices are subject to increase)
|Daily Meal Prices - Per Person per Day in Fijian Dollars - Valid for travel until 31 March 2023|
|Hotel Name||Per Person Per Day||Hotel Name||Per Person Per Day|
|South Sea Island||FJD $99.00||Blue Lagoon Beach Resort||FJD $129.00|
|Beachcomber Island Resort||FJD $119.00||Oarsman's Bay Lodge||FJD $119.00|
|Barefoot Kuata Resort||FJD $119.00||Boathouse Nanuya||FJD $100.00|
|Octopus Resort||FJD $129.00||Paradise Cove Resort||FJD $219.00|
|Mantaray Island Resort||FJD $119.00||Coconut Beach Resort||FJD $130.00|
|Barefoot Manta Resort||FJD $119.00||Nanuya Island Resort||A la Carte Meals|
|Daily Meal Prices - Per Person per Day in Fijian Dollars - Valid for travel 01 Apr 23 to 31 Mar 24|
|Hotel Name||Per Person Per Day||Hotel Name||Per Person Per Day|
|South Sea Island||FJD $125.00||Blue Lagoon Beach Resort||FJD $159.00|
|Barefoot Kuata Resort||FJD $129.00||Oarsman's Bay Lodge||FJD $129.00|
|Octopus Resort||FJD $159.00||Paradise Cove Resort||FJD $239.00|
|Mantaray Island Resort||FJD $139.00||Coconut Beach Resort||FJD $145.00|
|Barefoot Manta Resort||FJD $129.00|
6. RIGHT TO VARY TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
Any necessary changes will be advised prior to travel – we reserve the right to substitute a property of a similar standard and/or reverse the order of the brochure itinerary.
6a Awesome Adventures Fiji reserves the right to cancel vessel departures, alter prices, apply a fuel surcharge, arrange alternative transport and vary itineraries and services as necessary.
6b All transfers are subject to sea and weather conditions and operational requirements. Should adverse conditions prevent the operation of our services, Awesome Adventures Fiji will not be held responsible for additional accommodation and/or alternative arrangement costs incurred by customers. Awesome Adventures Fiji shall be the sole judge of when vessels should not operate under this clause.
7. OPEN-DATED BOOKINGS
These apply to Passes and Inclusive Packages and current pricing is available for travel until 31 March 2024 (a new season’s price surcharge will be charged for travel past this date). Actual travel dates must be confirmed with Awesome Adventures Fiji at least 14 days prior to arrival in Fiji. The above ‘Right to Vary’ conditions apply.
Where another company or persons operate the tour, activity or excursion, diving, accommodation, or shore transfers, Awesome Adventures Fiji is only acting as a Sales Agent. Responsibility for the operation and liability for any mishap lies with those operators solely. Awesome Adventures Fiji is not responsible for missed flights or any associated expenses due to late arrival at check-in counters.
9. FORCE MAJEURE
Awesome Adventures Fiji shall not be liable or responsible for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations specified herein arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, acts of war or terrorism, strikes, riots, accidents, civil or military disturbances, natural catastrophes or acts of God, virus outbreaks, pandemics, power or any other mechanical failures, computer virus, governmental action, or communications disruption.
10. VISA REQUIREMENTS
It is the responsibility of all customers travelling with Awesome Adventures Fiji to check and adhere to Fiji’s visa requirements.
11. TRAVEL INSURANCE
A valid Travel Insurance policy is compulsory when travelling with Awesome Adventures Fiji. Your policy should cover emergency medical treatment and/or evacuation plus insurance cover for cancelled and/or delayed travel expenses incurred due to cancelled or delayed services as the result of weather events or unforeseen operational issues.
12. BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Bookings will not be confirmed until full payment has been received. We will not regard a booking as cancelled unless and until written notice is received by us from you or someone acting on your authority.
No refunds will be issued for unused days on the Passes nor for any unused components of the Packages (including any unused Awesome Experiences Activities) unless cancellation of vessel services by the Operator, for reasons other than those stated above, prevents the product fulfilment. No refunds will be issued for any part of the Awesome Pass once travel on the Pass has commenced. Cancellation fees apply to the total package price:
- Packages & Island Stays
- No Show or less than 45 days' notice - 100%
- Outside 45 days notice - $100.00 per person
- Welcome & Departure Packs.
- No Show or less than 7 day’s notice - 100%
- Less than 14 day’s notice - 50%
- Less than one months’ notice - 25%
- Outside one months' notice – no fee
- Bula Passes.
- No cancellation fee applies until the first day of reserved travel. However, in the event of a No Show on the first day of reserved travel, a 100% No Show fee applies.
- No refund applies to any unused portion after the commencement of travel.
- Awesome Passes.
- The following cancellation fees apply only once resorts/dates have been pre-booked:
- No Show or less than 45 days notice - 100%
- Outside 45 days notice - $100.00 per person
- Cancellation for any passes where accommodation has not yet been reserved at any hotels/resorts - $100 per person.
13. AMENDMENT POLICY FOR PACKAGES
Packages, Island Stays, Awesome Pass, Welcome & Departure Packs. Please note that any amendment/ cancellation fees imposed by the resort(s) being affected by the change will be added to the new itinerary costs.
13a Awesome Passes can be extended anytime during travel but prior to expiry by paying the price difference to upgrade to a longer Pass. This can be done at the Travel Desk onboard the Awesome Adventures Fiji vessel.
14. PEACE OF MIND GUARANTEE
For your peace of mind, we will offer a full refund or a future travel credit if any of the following circumstances apply within 45 days from your confirmed departure date.
14a Local authorities within customers’ home country or state do not allow outbound travel internationally, or Fiji closes its borders within 45 days of the customers’ confirmed departure date.
14b Local Authorities are restricted to State Governments, Federal Governments, and organisations or departments. E.g. Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT).
- Final payment remains due 45 days prior to the departure date and must be made in order to be eligible for the Book with Confidence flexibility.
14c Customers are required to travel to a hotspot location en route to Fiji / via any stopover point that is part of your itinerary/flight path (hotspot locations as defined by the WHO).
- Only applicable if no other route is deemed safe to travel^ (e.g. If Hong Kong is a hot spot, but customers are still able to travel safely via Dubai, then this clause no longer applies).
14d Customers are required to quarantine in either Fiji and/or your country of residence/nation of origin or en route at any stopover point that is part of your itinerary/flight path.
- Only applicable if no other route is available for you to travel^ via (e.g. If Hong Kong requires quarantining prior to continuing your journey, but Dubai does not, then this clause no longer applies)
- Costs relating to quarantine are the responsibility of the traveller.
14e The Peace of Mind Guarantee is applicable to new bookings from July 2021 until advised otherwise.
14f Future Travel credits will be valid for two (2) years from the original departure date. ^Proof of airline reservations are required to be eligible. Evidence to be provided in writing from the travel insurance provider including a valid reason required to be eligible. This section only applies if there is no travel insurance policy available. Please note, if the customer’s travel insurer provides a COVID-19 policy extra and the customer chooses not to purchase then the customer would not be eligible for inclusion in our Book with Confidence & Peace of Mind Guarantee.
-All future travel credit may be shared or given to a friend or family member, provided written consent is given to Awesome Adventures Fiji. The future travel credit is to be used within two (2) years from the original booking departure date - any increase in prices for the new booking/departure date will apply.
15. COMPANY INFORMATION
Awesome Adventures Fiji is a trading brand of South Sea Cruises Pte Limited, a Company incorporated in Fiji. Any reference to Awesome Adventures Fiji or to South Sea Cruises is in reference to South Sea Cruises Pte Limited.
16. CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
Travel with Awesome Adventures Fiji is subject to our Conditions of Carriage. A copy is held in our offices or can be viewed at www.awesomefiji.com.
17. CHARTER FOR ADDRESSING PROBLEMS
In the event, you strike a problem or you are dissatisfied with some aspect of the service or facilities during the course of your trip, our recommendation is to discuss the issue immediately with the service supplier at the time or as practicable in the circumstance. This provides the opportunity to resolve the issue at the time and for you to continue to enjoy your travel. Our experience is that seeking a resolution to your satisfaction once travel has been completed is difficult. Should you require our assistance, please contact our Awesome Adventures Fiji customer services team immediately and they will assist in resolving the issue to your satisfaction.